Every year, I try to make December a month of Christmas themed workouts for my bootcamp sessions. And every year they are lots of fun as well as getting a great workout in. So, of course, this year was no exception.
One of the our favourites that we do each year is called 'The 12 Days of Christmas'. You know how the Christmas carol goes...
"On the 1st day of Christmas, my true love gave to me... A partridge in a pear tree.
On the 2nd day of Christmas, my true love gave to me... TWO turtle doves and a partridge in a pear tree.
On the 3rd day of Christmas, my true love gave to me.... THREE french hens, TWO turtle doves and a partridge in a pear tree..... etc"
And it continues through the song until the 12th day of Christmas.
This is very easily turned into a workout you can do from home or anywhere. You just substitute the partridge, turtle doves, french hens and the rest of the song with exercises.
Here's a version you can do at home:
- 1st Day - 20 second plank
- 2nd Day - 2 x Squat Jumps
- 3rd Day - 3 x Hip Extensions
- 4th Day - 4 x Overhead Toe Touches
- 5th Day - 5 x Marine Pushups
- 6th Day - 6 x Lateral Jumps (each side)
- 7th Day - 7 x Donkey Kicks (each side)
- 8th Day - 8 x Mountain Climbers (each side)
- 9th Day - 9 x Squat Thrusts
- 10th Day - 10 x Sea Turtles
- 11th Day - 11 x Step Ups (each side)
- 12th Day - 12 x Inchworms
To make it super easy for you, I've put this together as a PDF for you to download with video links attached. Simply click the button below: